Tuesday, May 29, 2012

DIY: Summer Topiary

I wanted to share one of my favorite projects I have been working on this month. My family room was in need of something fresh and summery. About a year ago, I found this lovely topiary at the thrift store for a buck. It was in need of some help badly. It was a pretty simple project and one I thoroughly enjoyed. Here are the instructions if you would like to make one too!


Supplies Needed: 
1) Old Topiary needing some help {Find at thrift store or use an old on}
2) Bright flowers {Preferably smaller sized ones. I used the flowers off of two geraniums {Joanns $3}
3) Hot glue gun 
4) Sewing Pins/Push Pins




Find an old topiary. You can use this same concept doing a new one {with the foam spheres you can get at Joann's} Here is my old beauty. I love the urn it is in. 

Step 2: Pull off all of the old flowers, leaves ,etc until it is bare. 
Step 3: Pull the new blossoms off of your silk flower stems. I unfortunately didn't get a picture of this step {sorry!}. 
Step 4: Use the pins to make small holes for the ends of the flowers to fit in on the topiary. 
Step 5: Use a dab of hot glue to place the flower where the hole has been placed. 
Step 6: Continue steps 4 & 5 until you have reached around the whole topiary. 
Step 7: Enjoy your new creation.  
 {PS: I am going to spray paint the urn white to make it stand out more.} 



If you end up making one, please forward a picture on! I would love to see your creations too! :) 



Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from YOU...Thanks for reading and hope to see ya back here REAL soon! :)