Thursday, September 15, 2011

Pulling out the Colored Jeans

Do you remember these back in the 90's? {I think that is when it was...I remember them in Elementary school...} They are really cute and I would love to own a pair. But remember the challenge I was sticking to? Yeah, so I was thinking I wonder if you could use some good ole RIT dye to try and be able to use this fall fashion.

Well today I found this awesome tutorial on how to dye your own colored jeans...http://laviepetite.blogspot.com/2011/09/how-to-dye-your-own-pants.html. I love her blog because she helps those of us that are shorter/petite dress better ;)

Apparently, I am not the only one with this idea... here is another darling tutorial of a before and after. Want to make them with me?? Didn't she do such a good job and she even used a pair of "normal" jeans... http://www.lazy-saturdays.com/2011/09/four-ways-to-wear-colored-jeans.html


Also, saw this yesterday online too... http://studio5.ksl.com/index.php?nid=58&sid=17239170. Laci shows the different ways to pull off this look and has some ways to dress them up or down.

Be watching for a tutorial on some of these colored jeans in the next couple of weeks... :)

At first I didn't know what to think about this look because I am short but have really long legs and was worried it might make me look silly I guess. I am going to give it a try and you will have to let me know what you think about them, promise?

I am really loving the red colored jeans... The only problem is red is one of the hardest colors to get dye wise...  Here's hoping {keep your fingers crossed that I can find the perfect shade of red!!}

{PS: Have you checked out Anthropologie's latest arrivals? Cords are back in- what? I am loving fashion more and more because everything seems to be in... ;) }

3 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you found my blog cause it led me to yours! Yours is adorable, I actually bought a pair of purple pants but haven't had the courage to wear them yet. And now I'm wishing that I would have just dyed my own! Thanks for posting the links, I'm going to go watch the link for studio 5. Oh and I would love for you to come to Zumba with me. I'll facebook you about it!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from YOU...Thanks for reading and hope to see ya back here REAL soon! :)